2.01 Handrail Mounting Brackets
431 Lark Avenue
Maplewood, Minnesota 55117
- Rail Piece/Wall Bracket Steel: ASTM/AISI Grade 1008 carbon steel having tensile strength no less than 50 ksi and yield strength 40 ksi.
- Rail Piece: 0.120 inch cold rolled steel with scribe/line-up mark.
- Wall Bracket: 0.120 inch cold rolled steel with specially shaped threaded rod of no less than 75 ksi steel with hardness of RB-80.
- Clamping Nut: AISI 1045 steel, with proof load no less than 27,200 pounds and hardness of RC 28.
RAILOCK™ is available in Bright Nickel, Black Zinc & Bright Brass finishes.
- Install handrails to meet or exceed ANSI/ASSE A1264.1-2007 and in accordance with manufacturer's mounting instructions, International Building Code (IBC), and International Residential Code (IRC).
- Install handrails accurately in location, alignment, and proper elevation.
- Provide steel or wood back-up in drywall cavity to accept fasteners and resist minimum required loads.